Amazing Earth: The Most Incredible Places From Around The World
Hardcover ? 5 August 2021
- Publisher : DK Children (5 August 2021)
- Language : English
- Hardcover ? 5 August 2021 : 176 pages
- ISBN-10 : ?0241459451
- ISBN-13 : 978-0241459454
- Weight : 1 kg 110 g
- Dimensions : 23.7 x 2.2 x 28.8 cm
3.8 rating based on 12 ratings (all editions)
Author(s): Publisher: DK Children
An exhilarating guided tour around the most amazing places on Earth, young adventurers with big imaginations!
Award-winning children's author Anita Ganeri takes curious kids who love learning to the most incredible locations in the world. This science book for kids includes breathtaking images, mind-blowing facts about our majestic home - Earth!
Turn the pages to discover natural wonders, stunning vistas, and other jaw-dropping places from around the world.
Inside the pages of this book about Earth, you'll discover:
- Over 100 far-flung locations on the globe with areas so incredible you'll barely be able to believe they are real!
- Includes illustrations that explain key natural phenomena and reveal exciting details of each of these locations
- A world map at the start shows all the places together, and locator maps show where each site is in the world
- A foreword by wildlife and natural history presenter Steve Backshall MBE and a helpful glossary at the end of the book
When most people think of Earth's most amazing places, they think of Mount Everest or the Eiffel Tower. But there's so much more that our planet has to offer. From waterfalls that look like they are on fire to a cave filled with twinkling blue glow worms and a bright pink lake, explore the most unbelievable, unusual, and incredible places on Earth!
Beautiful, dazzling images and information explores why each place is unique. Delve into the science, geology, flora and fauna, as well as the historical or cultural significance of each of these natural wonders! It is perfect for children ages 7+ to cultivate a lifelong curiosity about the natural sciences and the wonders of the world around them.